1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Private tuition abroad

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Lucy222, Jun 29, 2020 at 9:30 AM.

1. Lucy222

Lucy222 New commenter

I'm a qualified primary school teacher currently living in Spain.
    I wanted to know if anyone has experience teaching native English expat children abroad.
    It would be for those children who attend a local state school who are not receiving lessons in reading and writing in English - only as EAL. Not for children attending international schools.
    I want to set up a group teaching phonics, spelling, guided reading and creative writing.
    Does anyone have any experience of this? And is it even a thing!?

Thanks

2. mzuzu

mzuzu New commenter

I'm in France. Some, perhaps a lot, of English parents here are amazed at how their kids learn French so quickly and assume that their English won't suffer because they talk it at home. If you want to do this, advertise, start up and then wait for word of mouth to grow. If you live in the country it will be difficult to persuade your clients to make the effort. Check on your rights to start a business after Brexit.