1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Private Peaceful - Year 9 top band NQT formal Observation... help

Discussion in 'English' started by Looby_Lou14, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Looby_Lou14

Looby_Lou14 New commenter

Hi everyone,

I am suffering with end of term imagination loss and would welcom as many ideas as people are willing to give!

I have my formal NQT observation lesson on Friday this week with my high ability year 9 class (30 pupils). I have been teaching Private Peaceful by Morpurgo. We havn't finished reading the whole novel (we are 2/3 of the way through) however I would be happy to print out some extracts from further on in the novel to focus on if needs be!

I obviously want to show that I am thinking of my high ability pupils, and would like to show as many skills as I can- Starter, Main, Plenary, AFL etc... but I obviously don't want to overload the lesson so content goes out the window. It goes without saying that I want my pupils to demonstrate they have learned something, but I also want to show I am a good teacher.

Does any one have any good ideas as to what I could do in the lesson content/ activity wise?

Thank you in advance... 25 days until Christmas.... (or more importantly 17 days until the end of term! :)

Looby

2. jarndyce

jarndyce Occasional commenter

Have you done the gas attack yet?

3. mediadave

mediadave New commenter

It would really help to know where you're up to. The gas attack is definitey a good section to do some focused language work.

4. Looby_Lou14

Looby_Lou14 New commenter

Thank you for your replies.

I had a good think last night and did decide on the gas attack- I am doing some focused language work with that compared to Dulce et Decorum Est..

Thank you for replying, roll on christmas.. :)