1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Priority List

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by woodzy89, Nov 29, 2011.

1. I had a Primary PGCE interview in mid November and on the day the programme leader explained how universities were waiting for the government to make a decision on the amount of places allocated to each university.
    I have since received a letter explaining how I have been placed on a priority list and that when the government decide the allocation for universities, providing my university receive their desired allocation I will be offered a place on the course.
    Does anybody know when this decision is due? The tension is unbearable!

2. I had a Primary PGCE interview in mid November and on the day the programme leader explained how universities were waiting for the government to make a decision on the amount of places allocated to each university.
    I have since received a letter explaining how I have been placed on a priority list and that when the government decide the allocation for universities, providing my university receive their desired allocation I will be offered a place on the course.
    Does anybody know when this decision is due? The tension is unbearable!

3. Hiya I'm in the same boat for a secondary PGCE place. We were told it could be any time up until late January, or even later, its not a very nice wait, and hopefully they will pull their finger out and allocate the places soon!.

4. I agree, it's a horrible wait. Do you mind me asking which University you applied to? It is of course, fabulous news that you're on the priority list :) Well done! X