1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Printer cartridges

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Milkandchalk, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

I need to replace the ink in my printer but it's far too expensive to buy from the shops. I'm looking online at the moment.
    The cartridges are HP 301 but online I can only find 301XL. Is there a difference?

2. Milkandchalk

I need to replace the ink in my printer but it's far too expensive to buy from the shops. I'm looking online at the moment.
    The cartridges are HP 301 but online I can only find 301XL. Is there a difference?

3. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

the XL just means its a larger cartridge and holds more ink. It will fit fine.

4. Milkandchalk

Brilliant thanks Elfie!

5. MayKasahara

MayKasahara New commenter

You can also buy just the ink and refill them yourself, if you don't mind making the effort and the potential mess it works out a lot cheaper!

6. My local Cosco also does HP cartridges MUCh cehaper than anywhere else I've found. I bulk buy lol!

7. We always buy ours from eBay. Much cheaper.

8. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Sounds like an inkjet.

If anyone reading this has a laser printer and doesn't want to keep forking out for new cartridges, consider buying the toner and refilling them yourself. www.zinetic.co.uk are a great starting point - I've been buying their refills for ages. The last batch I bought worked out at £5 a cartridge refill for a black and white laser printer.