1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Principal Teacher Interview

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by millicentipede, Jun 20, 2009.

1. I'm going for my first PT interview soon - any idea how it differs from a class teacher interview? What sort of questions have others had? Thanks

2. kier

kier New commenter

I would suggest thinking broad areas as opposed to questions. Think about things from a "whole school" perspective. Questions would be about how you would implement various initiatives, how you would deal with situations relating to pupils, parents and staff, leadership skills/personal qualities, leadership experience, how you can support, again, pupils, parents, staff.
    I have been for a few interviews, so far no luck, but have had very positive feedback. Once you have been for a couple you will get a feel for what is being asked. Ask for some help from more senior staff within school. I would certainly suggest thinking about what makes you an excellent teacher, but definitely important to consider things from a whole school perspective.
    If you are unlucky enough to be unsuccessful, ask for feedback and act upon it. Even if it means taking on even more responsibility in your current school.
    I hope this helps. Good luck!

3. Thanks Kier - sound advice!