1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Prince Harry questions future of exams during school visit

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by bigjimmy2, Oct 11, 2019.

1. bigjimmy2

bigjimmy2 Established commenter

2. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I offer opinions on things I know very little all the time!

bigjimmy2 likes this.
  3. mousey1394

mousey1394 New commenter

How are you enjoying your retirement, catmum?

4. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Lead commenter

In the context of his exposure to people with mental conditions, the pressure he was under to pass exams and 'tuning in' to current views of teenage pupils, he had every right to his point of view. IMHO, if assessments are a proven indicator of student ability, then most examinations are a pointless requirement. The only problem is the greater opportunities schools would have to 'game the system' by 'massaging the truth/stats' which would require random independant moderation.

5. bigjimmy2

Sure, he has every right to voice his opinion on anything he wishes to do so. Point is, why should anyone take him seriously, lest even listen to him, just because of his privileged and unmerited position? Doesn't matter if he is absolutely right in what he says.

6. Effinbankers

Effinbankers Lead commenter

I wonder if he actually sat his exams or just got one of the court lackeys to do them for him

He's a complete t-wat. He wanted the media publicity on his wee jaunt to Africa and now he's taking them to court for media intrusion - you can't have it both ways dear Henry.

Vive la republique!

bigjimmy2 likes this.
  7. aypi

aypi Established commenter

He gets it from that p rick of a father. Writing letters urging Nicola to adopt his teach first.

Vive la republique!

Effinbankers likes this.
  8. bigjimmy2

You mean that army bloke . . . ?