1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary - Tracking progress - ARE?

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by mrsveebee, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Hi,

I am at a Primary school and currently use School Pupil Tracker Online (SPTO) as our assessment data system. It works on children's progress against ARE and I use this to track progress of children/year groups/cohorts etc. who are (or are not) on track against these.

However, when it comes to Pupil Progress meetings, the Head wishes to add children who are not ARE but will be on track to just achieve for instance a 2C in Key Stage 1 or 4C in Y6.

This means that we end up with two conflicting sets of data - % of children against ARE and then data with % of children who are on track plus a few extras thrown in who aren't ARE but will achieve a L2 or L4.

Can anyone help by letting me know what do other schools do - do you track pupils against ARE or those on track to achieve a L2 or L4?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks