1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary teaching interview

Discussion in 'Primary' started by maria1993, Feb 28, 2011.

1. I've got an interview for Primary Teaching where I am required to give a presentation on 'what I find interesting about working with children from a learning context'. I have to reflect on my experiences and explain what I have learnt.
    Am I on the right lines by discussing how children all have different abilities so the teacher needs to make the lesson interesting for all? And to discuss how hands on learning and group work can improve understanding and confidence?
    Any help would be appreciated!

2. char2505

char2505 New commenter

I would think they would expect you to discuss the learning contexts in which you have worked with children (e.g. work experience, previous jobs) and to say what you found enjoyable in these contexts -using this as an excuse to show you know some ideas about education.
    Maybe you could find enjoyable the challenge of getting children with differing personalities and interests to enjoy their learning. Similarly, tailoring them to chn of different abilities. /you could talk about how you enjoy the sense of achievement when you have helped a child to reach a social/educational milestone.
    I suppose it depends on whether you have much experience in education?
    PLease note- I may well be interpreting the question incorrectly! Good luck.