1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary teaching in Gloucestershire

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by dfagan1, Nov 9, 2019.

1. sparrow2015

sparrow2015 New commenter

Hello

I am hoping to permanently relocate to Gloucestershire and would like some advice regarding how to apply for primary school teaching positions.

I am an experienced teacher but have not worked in Gloucestershire before.

Also, does anyone know whether schools are open to the idea of Skype interviews or telephone consultations (especially for the initial getting to know a school stage)? I currently live 100miles away and have a young family so popping in for the odd morning school visit isn't practical at the moment.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

I assume that teaching posts will be advertised in the TES as are most teaching vacancies. I believe the local paper in that area was once called The Gloucestershire Echo, though whether they carry teaching job adverts, I don’t know.

If you know the precise area you hope to move to, you could look up the websites of the schools.

Maybe you could visit the area for a weekend and do some exploring to get a feel for the different areas in the county, if you are not tied to a particular location.

I’d encourage you to research carefully and to rent before you buy a property, if you can, just to be sure you are where you want to be, and to give yourself flexibility if things don’t work out quite as you’d planned.

Good luck!

dfagan1 likes this.