1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary teachers, where do you buy your clothes?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by donna1107, Feb 2, 2011.

1. im really changing the way i dress, loving the chance to wear skirts and dresses to school. just bought a lovely dress from wallis but a bit afraid to wear it at the mo cos its quite summery colours. Where can i get similar dresses? i like to wear them with black tights and boots. if u wear dresses, where do u get them from

2. Any shop that is selling dresses that I like and that fit and flatter me well.

3. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

Well done sweetie for wearing dresses. It was the beginning of the end when "sad Librarian" morphed into "Greenham Common" and in parts of East London has remained there. People who were Primary teachers and now work in teachers' centres still cling on to the seventies hippy look. But that long hair now it is grey and wiry is not a good look. I personally love monsoon. x

4. WeeScabbyDug

WeeScabbyDug Senior commenter

How strange! I didn't realize the OP"s real name was "sweetie" .........

5. Dorothy Perkins.... lovely dresses to stick leggings/tights with. I live in mine at school

6. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

If you are <strike>blessed</strike> cursed with amble bosoms, then I recommend Bravissimo dresses. They are lovely bright but plain colours in really comfy jersey fabrics. They look great with either tights & courts, or long boots and they wash well. Do add a cami top though to avoid showing too much cleavage!

7. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

Agree about Bravissimo - they are fab and it's great to finally have some dresses that fit me properly up top without it looking like maternity wear from the chest down!
    Wouldn't waste that kind of money for school though - strictly Tesco or George at Asda if there's the smallest chance it will enter the glue/paint/glitter/marker pen contamination zone.

8. I love Laredoute, the online company. They have a lovely choice of smock, pinafore type of dress that don't look too teachery and you can wear a jumper underneath and leggings if you want as they tend to be about knee length.

9. *has a mental image of Eco-lady's bosoms ambling down a country lane*

10. catherinaaa

catherinaaa New commenter

DP, New Look, Primark and at sale time Warehouse, Oasis and French Connection. Got a lot of nice DP jumper dresses. ASOS also has nice things for a reasonable price.

11. When I was teaching art in primary schools, I found I got filthier faster - in the end I just bought a nice apron and wore it over whatever clothing I had on that day. :)