1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary supply west midlands/ Worcestershire

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by boperella, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Hi.

Just wondering what supply is like in west mods/ worcestershire primary schools. I haven't secured a job for September but I'm worried about paying the mortgage etc come September. Any advice or information on how to go about supplying?

Thanks for any help or advice. X

2. janeygrey

janeygrey New commenter

I work for an agency in bham and have to say, I meet a range of supplies during my day and from a range of agencies. You live in an area where there is a lot more work than normal, from what I read on here anyway, so if you sign on to two or three, you will be absolutely fine. Get in touch with the agencies right now, as they will need to get references and your CRB - and this takes time. xxx

3. W. Mids maybe, Worcestershire has very little supply work.

4. amykins959

amykins959 New commenter

I live in Birmigham and I am a secondary teacher. I have signed up with 7 agencies over the first term in 2010. I have worked in Birmingham, Worcestershire and Warwickshire doing maily secondary but some primary supply.
    I think if you are looking to do primary supply your best bet is to sign on with a number of agencies in Worcestershire and Birmingham. I would imagine there would be more work in Birmingham as there are more schools. On the whole the primary schools are lovely and supportive.
    If you want some advice on good agencies just send me a message and I can tell you more about my experience.
    [​IMG]

5. that would be great thanks so much amykins959! will work out how to PM you and send you a hello.

Thanks again!