1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary Supply Teaching in (and around) Northampton

Discussion in 'Primary' started by luciebshepherd, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    Am looking for some advice/info. I am moving to Northampton in April and am considering supply teaching for the Summer whilst I get to know the area and hopefully some of the local schools. That way I can get a primary job set up for September and feel confident about my decisions.
    I am wondering if anyone has any experience in this area. Any ideas on companies to sign with and any insight into schools and particularity regularity and reliabilty of work would be hugely appreciated!
    Thanks all
    xx

2. I used to do supply teaching in Northamptonshire and I found the best way to get work was to sign on with the LA supply list, http://www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/en/councilservices/EducationandLearning/services/hr_schools/Pages/Supply.aspx
    I then proceeded to write a short letter and CV introducing myself and offering my services. I called around to all the schools in the area and asked if I could bring in my letter and cv and then hand delivered to all those interested. This got me quite a bit of supply work, then long term supply and finally a permanent job.
    Feel free to message me if you have any questions regarding Northampton and the surrounding area and I'll help out if I can.