1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary supply in York / Leeds area

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by quackers, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Are you getting enough supply work in this area? Which agencies would you recommend? I know that secondary supply is difficult but how about primary?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Are you getting enough supply work in this area? Which agencies would you recommend? I know that secondary supply is difficult but how about primary?

3. Hi, I'm in York area,primary, not getting that much work. Mostly TA work, half days. Anyone with different experience?

4. sm1971

sm1971 New commenter

I'm with a small agency in York and have had at least two days teaching each week since mid September. They're fab, but I'm not going to tell you who they are else there'll be less work for me as they are only small! Sorry (self, self, self, I know!)

5. Probably the same one I'm with. Yes, they're great, but I really need to be working every day to make ends meet and it's not happening.

6. I relocated from Liverpool to Leeds before Christmas. I was working with a company called Connex previously and managed to transfer over to their Leeds branch. They have been a fantastic help and I got work pretty much straight away. I am now dealing with a guy called Mark who gave me advice on the area as well as finding me work in local schools. Their number is 0113 242 5588.
    Good luck we all know how hard it is!!!!

xxxx

7. I am working for Teaching Personnel and they are great, I am more or less working full time in a number of great schools. I live in York and I have not had to travel to anywhere else. My consultant is Sarah, she is lovely her number is 01482 312040, also I have now got into doing SEN through them and love it. Good Luck!

8. Sarah, aka Miss Pink Cheeks ,
    Supply teachers know that the situation is dire.
    It must be at rock bottom if agents, like yourself, are now having to masquarade as happy working supply teachers
    Tell us what the work situation is really like in your office.
    We know how honest supply agencies are.
    Could you tell it like it is?

9. Wow - my old user name!!! Haven't seen that for a while!! But actually to be honest, I have had a reasonable amount of work in York using several agencies including TP and Beaver. You might also want to look at working in Leeds.