1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary Staffing review

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by jfb57, Feb 14, 2011.

1. I don't know if you have caught up with the review of staffing in primary schools to see if they have the capacity for the new curriculum. Here's my take on it http://bit.ly/g2pnGN but I'd love to hear your views!

2. I think it is going to be the usual "Hurry up and wait", until schools have some firmer idea of just what the new curriculum is going to look like. I think the govt has promised at least 12 months for preparing for the new curriculum once the report has been published and DFE have put out official guidance etc. I think September 2014 is the date being suggested for the start of the new curriculum.
    It would be foolish, in my view, to try to pre empt any of this.

3. I do hope you're right that there will be time. Schools will need 'thinking' time to really come to grips with different structures if that's what's expected. Not sure I'm comfortable with such a change! Hey ho!