1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary: songs for assembly

Discussion in 'Music' started by moonbeam5, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Hi, I need your help please.
    I need to revamp assemblies, particularly KS2, by replacing Come and Praise with something more inspiring. The poor kids just sound so bored when singing. The teachers who have been doing the singing assembly had been doing more modern 'pop' songs, but the HT would rather some religious ones.
    Any ideas? Much appreciated x

2. Sir Cumference

Sir Cumference New commenter

I used to use "Songs of Fellowship for Kids", which I think is now out of print but MUCH more up to date and child-friendly than Come & Praise - can still find on Amazon etc. "Songs of Fellowship" comes in a few volumes but will include all from the "Kids" edition.

3. Sir Cumference

Sir Cumference New commenter

Here you go!:
    Songs of Fellowship for Kids (ISBN 0 85476 307 4) - if you can find it![/b]
    Junior Praise (ISBN 0 551 01293 5)

Childrens Praise (ISBN 0 551 02423 2)

Songs For a New Generation (ISBN 0 85009 383 X)

<font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font>Junior Praise 2 (ISBN 0 551 02480 1)

The Big Book of Spring Harvest Kids Praise (ISBN 1 873613 07
    5)

4. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

out of the ark do a series of books -Songs for Every Season, Songs for Every Assembly, Songs for Every Day -they have some good songs. They come with cD and whiteboard words. Not all ar erelighious but children love the songs.

5. Thanks for your quick replies. They really love singing more upbeat 'pop' songs and sound great so it's such a shame to hear them sounding so bored when it's a religious song!
    Thanks again x