1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary SLT?

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by TheoGriff, Jan 7, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

So, what's the job market in your area?
    What sort of numbers of applicants are you getting for primary posts?
    And are you reducing or increasing your staffing levels?
    I'm trying to gather info from as many sources as possible. You can PM me if you'd rather not go public here.
    I know this is not scientific, just getting info from as many people as I can to get some idea of the overall picture.
    Thank you.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

2. My school is in W Yorkshire. We have reduced TA hours over the last couple of years. When we advertised for 2 teachers last year we had just over 100 applicants. The only other change to staffing has been replacing job shares with full time staff so there are less part time posts.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Thank you RRRobin!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars