1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary Science ideas

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Jackieee, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Hi, I have recently been appointed Science coordinator in my school. Does anybody have any good schemes of work they use to help plan that they recomend? Or does anybody know of any great ideas to help raise the profile of science in the school. I have thought of a science fair. If anybody has any ideas of great websites, resources anything I would be very grateful. Thanks in adance!

2. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

W've run a science week, with collapsed year groups rotating around different teachers, all doing different activities - focus on SC1 and fun, obviously.
    After school science clubs also successful.
    When I've run a science club, I've used some ideas and resources from this very good site:
    http://www.primaryscience.ie/kids_introduction.php

As far as schemes go, the QCA ones are pretty watertight and meet all the requirements of the NC, with a little adapting of some of the drier activities. I'm happy for our school to continue to use them until the new NC is seen.

3. porker

porker New commenter

4. Wow - these ideas and links are great thanks!!!!

If anyone else has any other ideas they would be greatly appreciated!

5. if you leave your email I will forward you some excting AT1 ideas

6. Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!! This is amazing thanks so much!