1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary science assessment

Discussion in 'Science' started by GemsEYFS, Nov 13, 2011.

1. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

Hello,
    Being new to Science coordinator in my school i wondered if anybody could help.
    Science assessment is one thing that needs devloping in my school. Staff are not very confident with the assessment of science and at the moment staff just use the QCA's to do a 'best fit' judgement. Does anyone do anything different to this?
    Any ideas on this would be very useful for me, as i am unsure of what the best option is.

Thank you

2. MarkS

MarkS New commenter

I'd very strongly advise you to post in the Primary and EYFS forums - we are mostly Secondary school Science geeks in here!
    Having said that...does APP cover Primary Science? I hate it and have never used it in Secondary, but it might be what you are looking for.
    Good luck!
    Mark

3. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

Thank you for your reply. Have just posted on the other forums. Yes primary does have APP but do not think we are ready for APP just yet, litercay is only just taking off ;-)