1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary School Visits in the North West

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Melons2, Jun 19, 2011.

1. I recently found out that several of my yr 1/2 children have never been to a beach. The Head has given me permission to take the class on a trip to rectify this but my only concern is the weather! Can anyone recommend a visit to the North West coast that has some form of covered activity near to the beach just in case?

2. I recently found out that several of my yr 1/2 children have never been to a beach. The Head has given me permission to take the class on a trip to rectify this but my only concern is the weather! Can anyone recommend a visit to the North West coast that has some form of covered activity near to the beach just in case?

3. St Anne's has a covered pier - its been some years since I went though so not sure how great it is. Don't think you could spend much more than a couple of hours there so wouldn't be good if it rained all day.

4. comenius

comenius New commenter

Blackpool has a Sealife Centre and the Tower, I think they are quite pricey though!

5. We have 2 ks1 classes that are going to the sealife centre this week. Think the cost is about £14 including coach and entry.

6. Crosby Beach has classrooms £12 p/h