1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary School Teachers:Hip hip hooray

Discussion in 'Primary' started by delmamerchant, Mar 18, 2017.

1. delmamerchant

delmamerchant Established commenter

Primary school teachers you are fantastic!

Over the years as a secondary school teacher I have noticed that my year 7 students are coming in with more academic knowledge and skills.

This year I am so impressed with the SPaG ability of year 7 students. I imagine that it has been a challenging experience,having to teach a level of English grammar that I for one have only seen taught on EAL/ESOL courses but you have done it really well! I was never taught the different variations of tenses, noun phrases, adjective phrases, relative pronouns, adverbials, determiners,need I go on? It was just part of my langauge acquisiton....I will stop here: - )

They are confident with story writing and language devices. They tackled Shakespearean text with such enthusiasm and are confident orators.

Thank you primary school teachers, you have set the bar high.

2. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

Brilliant post - lots of positivity on TES today. Has somebody put something in the water?...:)

3. delmamerchant

Nothing in the water, but if we do not appreciate each other, who will?

Pomz, teacup71 and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  4. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

What a lovely positive post.

teacup71 and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  5. delmamerchant

Thank you

6. Monty1983

Monty1983 Occasional commenter

That's so nice to hear. I'm at the coal face again teaching the foundations and feel like I'm getting nowhere some days as the expectations seem so high, nice to remember that over the years this feeds in and makes them intelligent and eloquent and most of all confident and enthusiastic learners!