1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary School PenPals needed

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mgw, Nov 17, 2010.

1. mgw

mgw

Hi everyone

I'm currently leading Geography and History at an inner-city London school and am looking to develop national and international links with other schools.
    Are you aware of any penpal websites or are you and your school up for getting in contact with another school via email/letters/etc? Possibly using skype on IWB ?
    Ideally i want to find schools in other countries too. Any ideas??

Thanks everyone!

2. mgw

mgw

Hi everyone

I'm currently leading Geography and History at an inner-city London school and am looking to develop national and international links with other schools.
    Are you aware of any penpal websites or are you and your school up for getting in contact with another school via email/letters/etc? Possibly using skype on IWB ?
    Ideally i want to find schools in other countries too. Any ideas??

Thanks everyone!

3. hello - We are a school in the cotswolds (mainly white British pupils)...we'd love to set up a link for our Y3/4s for a short term (say 6 weeks?) project (e mail, blogs, letters etc) - look forward to hearing from you if this is suitable.
    m
    mrsray@hotmail.co.uk

4. Hello,

Im currently teacher in Bangkok with a year 3 class. They are very mixed ability with a few previously living in England or America and some that struggle to converse in English.

If this age is too low then I'd be happy to pass contact details on to years 4-6,

colanderson86@gmail.com

5. mgw

mgw

Thanks! Year 3 is great but really happy for other classes to get in contact too.
    Can I contact you after Christmas to get the ball rolling?

6. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

HI, I am in year 3 and looking to link with a school in / close to York, as well as link the Y6 class with a French speaking country if there are any out there!

Thanks

7. Hi,
    I work in a school in Birmingham, UK and I am looking for penpals for 3 classes each with 30 pupils. Please contact me if you want to set up email links. cmabb@lyndongreen-jun.bham.sch.uk
    Thanks!

8. Hi, I am a year 2 teacher in East London 6-7 year olds, would love to set up penpals with children abroad. Prefer writing than emails.
    thanks

9. Hi
    I am desperate for contact with a school in a contrasting area in the UK. We are a small primary school in rural Dorset and would like to make friends with a school in a city or town especially if you have a diverse mix of children so that we can understand and learn about other lifestyles and cultures.

10. Hi meltav57. I suppose you are already sorted by now. If not my school is large- over 400 and on the east coast - we have some children with roots in Poland, Italy, Albania and Africa.

11. funambule

funambule New commenter

12. If you are looking to connect with schools around the world Oddizzi can help you. Oddizzi's ClassPals provides teachers with a really simple tool to communicate with classrooms around the world. If you would like more information please visit www.oddizzi.com or email jenny@oddizzi.com

Jenny Cooke - Founder

13. Are you still looking for penpals this year? My daughter's class in the USA (1st grade, ages 6-7) is looking to set up penpals with another classroom abroad. Let me know if you are still interested, and I will pass on the contact information.