1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary School Observation needed ASAP! (13th-16th September!!)

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Cosmic_Rainbow, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Cosmic_Rainbow

Cosmic_Rainbow New commenter

Hey Rose
    I am in exactly the same situation as you. I have even been in to the primary schools and still no help. Good luck!!

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Well clearly the OP wasn't all that desperate as s/he never made it back to see the responses.

3. A word of advice for anyone maybe in the same situation: don't rely on email, and don't leave it until the last minute. I'm doing upper primary and I had to organise placements for a Reception and KS3 High school for this week. I did it back in July and many of the primary schools didn't reply to my email. I ended up ringing them all up and finally found one that accepted me and they were fantastic, finished there yesterday.The high school placement was even worse to organise as a lot said no, but it only took one phone call and I was there today and going for my second day tomorrow. Again, they have been fantastic, mostly because they were given the time to organise things properly for me and to draw me up a timetable for the day including a session to discuss my findings.

So yes, be organised!