1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary school German

Discussion in 'Primary' started by avalonfr, Feb 27, 2012.

1. avalonfr

avalonfr New commenter

Can anyone recommend either some easy, fun resources, books or websites for a term of German in Y4?
    Thanks!

2. avalonfr

avalonfr New commenter

Can anyone recommend either some easy, fun resources, books or websites for a term of German in Y4?
    Thanks!

3. rosieandjim

rosieandjim New commenter

I do German with a 3/4 class. I found some great resources on Havering Languagaes site, but l think it may hve disappeared in the meantime. Otherwise l have really struggled to find anything much. There are a few resources on Primary Resources. I have been forced to adapt some of the French resources that l have found on MFL Sunderland. Would be really interested to know if you find anything useful.

4. Oh, jealous! Demi-fluent German speaker here but it's Freeeeeeeeeeeeeench all the way at my school. The QCA schemes give a decent structure, although they're in an illogical order. Ask the chn what they want to be able to say? 'My' class on TP become huge fans of die Prinzen ha ha ha [​IMG]

5. Hi Maxinefr, The majority of the resources on Primary Treasure Chest.com are editable, which allows you to add any font/language to the resources. Hope this helps, if you have any requests, just ask.
    http://www.primarytreasurechest.com/

6. funambule

funambule New commenter

Suggest you also post on the MFL forum.

7. funambule

funambule New commenter

Also try this site for starters and post your request for more responses.
    There is a lot of support out there: Goethe Institute, UK German Connection, CILT Primary Languages site and many more........

8. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I like this one www.ukgermanconnection.org.

9. avalonfr

avalonfr New commenter

Linguascope is always a great site (subscription, but well worth it) - uses French, German, Italian and Spanish. Has worksheets, fun games, etc. Well worth looking at. linguascope.com

10. avalonfr

avalonfr New commenter

Thank you, everyone, for your ideas and suggestions.

11. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter

Sorry we don't have any Primary German on MFL Sunderland. We've never had a primary school in the LA do German. Plus I don't know any German so I can't write any myself.

12. Hi,

I've taught German in KS3, LKS2 and now in UKS2.

I use a lot of the stuff from Sutton High (just google) they have a lot of games for Y7 and also for Primary. A lot of Y7 stuff is helpful as it's German from ab initio.
    Also, to be quite honest, I use the QCA for a basis and adapt from there. I'm lucky in that I did German for my degree so I have uite a lot of resources from living abroad and textbooks from my own studies, so i tend to pinch activities from there.

http://gut.languageskills.co.uk/index.html is also a good site but only free outside of school hours.

Feel free to drop me a message (on a school trip all week though so sorry if I reply late!)

Viel Glueck!

x