1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary School Assessment package - any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by Tartuffe, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Tartuffe

Tartuffe New commenter

What MIS does your school have as most have some sort of Assessment/Tracking Package.
    We record in SIMS Marksheets and have colour coding ass to levels of progress.
    SLT then have panels on their SIMS desktop with Headline figures.
    We pay for SIMS anyway, and had a day with a consultant from LA to set up as we wanted

2. T34

T34 Established commenter

My software, "Inform Tracker" can do this (amongst many other things).
    www.plvideo.com
    for download.

3. imc

imc

I have an excel file which will do exactly what you are looking for. You really don't need to 'buy' a packagethe excel file will measure progres, give cohort APS progress on a termly basis and tell you how this relates to likely OFSTED gradings for progress. Message me with you e-mail and I'll send you a copy.

4. try www.classroommonitor.co.uk, it does exaclty what you need it to and is really easy to use![​IMG]

5. Wera6

Wera6 New commenter

If its not a rude question - what does monitor cost you? Is it a one off or an annual fee?

6. Hi imc,
    I'd be interested in this package too as I've just taken on the assessment coordinator role. Could you please send it to emailsimonreeve@gmail.com.

Thanks
    Simon

7. imc

imc

chazjuggler you should now have this

8. Hi,
    I would really appreciate if can you email me the excel file you have written about on this email; ayesha-afsar@hotmail.com
    Ayesha

9. Hi I'm just looking at assessment and reporting packages and am interested in knowing what people think of classroom monitor or school pupil tracker.
    Thx

10. We use Essex Target Tracker - it does all we need and more

11. We have just purchased School Pupil Tracker and it seems to do everything well. Not encountered any glitches yet but it's early days.

12. Hello IMC,
    Would you send a copy to me as well please, thanks [​IMG]

13. Have you looked at Itrack? Cheaper and easier to use than anything else I've seen.

14. Look at itrackPrimary, half the schools in Northants use it

15. imc

imc

You need to leave an email

16. ic - I would really love a copy too please:
    lilackaty@hotmail.com
    I used classroom monitor in my old school and we felt that it levelled them higher than they were and we had to move them down. I found it slightly simplistic.

17. can anyone give me a list of good all round assessment packages or somewhere to go to find a review of them - value for money, performance etc. (for primary).
    Our school assessment proceedures are all still manual and very cumbersome. It's tiring putting the same data onto several different forms and collating piles of real (rather than electronic) files to pass on to next years teacher.
    I've even read that you can scan in egs of work in rather than photocopying, & old fashioned cutting and glueing!!
    so far I've seen the following mentioned but haven't looked at them in detail:-
    schoolpupiltracker.co.uk; classroommonitor.co.uk; STARS
    any others to add or any comments on these?
    please help, dissappearing under a pile of paper work!!!

18. We use iTrack Primary as someone else has previously suggested. It does everything we need and more and we have been able to have all the information we need at our fingertips ready for School Improvement Partner visits and Ofsted. We previously had Target Tracker but replaced it with iTrack Primary which is much better and cheaper. I'll copy the link to ttheir website for you to have a look at. http://www.itrackprimary.co.uk/

19. Please can I have a copy of this, it sounds fab!!!
    My email adress is lou_foley13@hotmail.com
    Many thanks in advance,
    Louise

20. Hi can you send me a copy of the excel file

my email address is shaijuph@gmail.com