1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

primary PSHE

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by winnieandpiglet, May 22, 2013.

1. winnieandpiglet

winnieandpiglet New commenter

hi

I have been asked to take over PSHE in my Primary School

We follow the SEAL programme and have SEAL assemblies but that is all we do

How will I assess it?

What else can I add to it?

Would be very very grateful for any help or where to find information.

Finding the new layout of TES a bit confusing a the moment but I am sure I will get use to it so apologise if someone has posted similar post before me.

Was thinking I need to join PSHE ASSOCIATION or something similar.

2. PSHE Association is a good place to start, as well as ACT. Also have a look at Go-Givers (www.gogivers.org) - it's all free and has lesson plans, IWB tools, planning documents to map the resources to SEAL plus others, and links to NC learning objectives. They also do free one-to-one personalised planning sessions with you in your school if you need a bit of extra help.

3. I am in the same position and will be taking over PSHE, Rights Respecting Schools and School Council in September - scary!

I am thinking about doing a simple long-term plan for each year group, so that people don't have to find and go through all the resources stacked around school.

Also, I'm going to ask to do a staff meeting early on in the year to set out expectations, coverage etc.

Any feedback on these ideas would be great, as am only an NQT at the moment! Have you thought of anything else, winnieandpiglet?

4. winnieandpiglet

winnieandpiglet New commenter

hi

I did a whole school meeting and went through the SEAL programme.

I did a chart of what was included in SEAL and that citizenship etc was not in it and decided that we had to timetable all that too.

Worked out well and on paper all things are covered.

we do a tick chart for Assessment and that works ok

We all have PSHE boxes where children can write worries in them and I read them once a week.

School council is good idea and could include the eco school strand and perhaps travel plan with that.

Hope it goes well