1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

primary progress assessment

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Elfassy1, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Elfassy1

Elfassy1 New commenter

Hello,

nearly time for summe holiday!

im really struggling going to find product to assess progress throughout primary school in reading, writing and maths. Can you recommend anything that is easy to manage and not too costly.

Thank you

2. School Boy Error

School Boy Error Occasional commenter

Do you mean for something to assess your children without levels? We use Sheffield STAT and began with this early in the Spring Term. Do you think with 4 weeks to go to the end of the year, you've left your assessment a little late? What have you been using all year so far?

3. lordofthelost

lordofthelost New commenter

I have just become a Head and have read up on the Sheffield STAT and it looks good, I am also keen to use it with o tracker, School Boy Error what termly assessments do you use that link in with them? Any advise greatly received as the school I have moved to currently has nothing in place.

4. School Boy Error

School Boy Error Occasional commenter

We don't use tests for termly assessments (yet!). The writing is done using all their work from the previous half term. Reading is assessed during guided reading on an ongoing basis and maths is teacher judgement. Although we're a Maths Mastery school (YR - Y2 from September) KS2 will be using Inspire Maths which come with assessment books which we will use to inform our Sheffield STAT levels from September.