1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary Planning

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by H26714, Jan 11, 2012.

1. H26714

H26714 New commenter

Hello all!

Firstly, I just want to emphasise that I'm looking for help from fellow BA (QTS) student teachers, not PGCE as it is quite different and the help I've seen from PGCE doesn't help me at all.

I am in my first year of a 3 year BA Primary Education (with QTS) degree and I have found planning really difficult. I understand that in my NQT year and onwards my plans will not have to include such a huge amount of detail, and that they must include the detail now so tutors can see it. However, it takes me forever to plan.

Does anybody have any ideas or advice for how to plan in detail but also quickly?

Thanks,

Olivia

2. Have a really clear idea in your mind about the learning objective for the lesson, that helps you stay focussed in your planning. Also make your own shorthand just to speed up typing 'LA, MA, HA' (lower, middle, higher ability), chn (children) etc. All of those little things help speed it up. Other than that, the more experience you have of it, the quicker you'll become :)

3. Plus you do begin to build up a bank of ideas, resources and plans you can adapt and reuse with minor changes. Don't worry!! It does get easier