1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary physical education dissertation help :confused:

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by imranyousaf1995, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Hi All,

I am in my final year of my teaching course at university and have to start preparing for my dissertation. I want to do it along the lines of “why physical education is not prioritised enough in primary schools” (as I have experienced) however this is too big of a question for an 8,000 word dissertation L

I’m just stuck with ideas at the moment and would appreciate it if anyone had any suggestions of things to add to this possible question.

All ideas are welcome

Thank you J-

2. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

You could narrow it down straight away to being related to subject knowledge/ confidence. It is still a massive piece that you will be able to find loads about/ write about but removes other issues except for a minor mention?

3. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

I'm a supervisor so see this all the time. You need to consider variables and context.

Generally, most are limited to variables they can review in their placement schools. Thus at 8k words you are likely to just be doing a small scale study.

A review of how one primary school caters for females/SEND/EAL within P.E. Would be about the size of project you are looking at.

However, you are dependent on the schools you have access to. For example, you might want to look at how schools use tablet technology as part P.E. teaching. However, locating a school which will agree to let you study them and who uses substantial technology might be too challenging.

So, review the placement and what variables it offers. Then look to construct some clear research questions (2-3) based around this area.