1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Primary PGCE with Spanish

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Hannah_Rees, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Hi all,

I've just heard that I've been offered a place on the Primary with Spanish course at UWE which is great news as I've been waiting for ages. However, they've also said that they're cutting the placements abroad because their funding's been cut. I'm just wondering if this is the case elsewhere as well? Any information would be great.

Thanks

2. Hi Hannah
    At Liverpool Hope Univeristy for the same course PGCE Primary with Spanish - I can confirm that the same cut in funding was first announced (as well as french and italian placements) approximately 3 weeks ago, it wasnt yet fully finalised/confirmed... sad sign of the times. Liverpool Hope also are shedding 100 admin and lecturing staff jobs before this coming September.
    Good luck with your PGCE !

3. Very sad indeed. Thanks for the information. Looks like everyone's in the same boat unfortunately.