1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary PGCE with MFL - uni recommendations?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by localaloca, May 19, 2006.

1. Hi everyone,

I'm a (very!) late applicant hoping to start a Primary PGCE with MFL in September. Fortunately, there are still several places and I should be able to get a place if I get a move on!

However, I'm really stuck as to which university to choose as my first choice. Whatever happens, I'm going to have to relocate - but definitely can't afford to live in London!

So, my choices are narrowed down to:

Bristol
    Canterbury Christ Church
    Chichester
    Nottingham Trent
    Reading

If anyone has any experiences/recommendations/definite no-nos for these unis, I'd be really grateful! At the moment, I'm thinking that CCC will be my first choice and Chichester my second, but any comments will be gratefully considered!

Many thanks,

LLLx

2. Hi everyone,

I'm a (very!) late applicant hoping to start a Primary PGCE with MFL in September. Fortunately, there are still several places and I should be able to get a place if I get a move on!

However, I'm really stuck as to which university to choose as my first choice. Whatever happens, I'm going to have to relocate - but definitely can't afford to live in London!

So, my choices are narrowed down to:

Bristol
    Canterbury Christ Church
    Chichester
    Nottingham Trent
    Reading

If anyone has any experiences/recommendations/definite no-nos for these unis, I'd be really grateful! At the moment, I'm thinking that CCC will be my first choice and Chichester my second, but any comments will be gratefully considered!

Many thanks,

LLLx

3. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

Sunderland ?

It's only a bit further north than Nottingham and dirt cheap !

Don't let the football team put you off...

4. I have just read your message and perhaps it would be a good idea for you to talk directly with someone about what 'you' want from the course as well as the location.

I am based at Canterbury Christ Church University and like other Universities we get lots of calls from people interested in courses (PGCE Primary and Secondary - French, German, Spanish, Italian) and they want to 'talk' about 'their' needs. However not only do they get the opportunity to talk things through on the phone but they are also invited to come for an informal visit. If you are still unsure, why not call 01227 782635.

5. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

Localaloca should have finished that PGCE now....

6. I suppose it all depends how 'late' Localaloca was in the end :)

7. Canterbury Christchurch was very good when I went there eight years ago. Quality of teaching was high and schools experience very useful and hands on.