1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary PGCE - University of Cumbria

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by kmc1378, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I have been offered an interview for Primary PGCE at the University of Cumbria on 21st March. I am incredibly nervous and excited at the same time so any hints, tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Many thanks.

2. Hi,
    I have been offered an interview for Primary PGCE at the University of Cumbria on 21st March. I am incredibly nervous and excited at the same time so any hints, tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Many thanks.

3. Hiya,

Are you going for the full time or distributed learning?

I'm starting the distributed learning in Sept. The interview days and tasks are slightly different,
    Theres not much to be nervous for on the day, but thats always easier said than done! It did feel quite informal.

It is definitely more relaxed than my previous interviews.

A few tips would be: don't make spelling or grammatical errors in your literacy task.
    In the group task: as well as adding new ideas or elaborating, listen to your group and brainstorm together (assuming it is a similar kind of task that is??)
    For the personal interview- try to use examples from school or other working with children, to show how you can reflect on what you have seen/done.

Hope this makes sense and helps, and good luck :)

4. Wowww you are very busy!!
    Did you attend the Manchester interview? How was it?
    I was going to apply for Manchester but decided on Edgehill instead. I'm quite nervous for the presentation as not sure what they expect :/ Have you done much preparation yet?
    I'm also in my final year on my English lit degree!