1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary PGCE University of Cumbria, Lancaster - Sept 2011

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by cat_mary24, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Hi I had my interview last wednesday but still not heard back yet! they said it could take upto 2 weeks but not usually that long, gettin more nervous by the day! Did any1 else have their interview last wednesday and have u heard yet if you did?

2. Hey,
    I also had my interview on the 2nd March. No I haven't heard anything either. Did you call them and they said it could be up to 2 weeks? Not really fair when they said it would only be 5 days or 5 working days.

Sarah

3. Oh what a relief I haven't heard back either!! I was just worried because the previous comments seemed like they heard back straight away. I will tell yous when I hear back straight away. If i've not heard back by next a week tomorrow i'm ringing up. The suspense is awful. My heart skips a beat when I get an e-mail to my blackberry haha
    Hayley

4. Hi Kay,
    I think I was in the same group as you for the group task. Not 100% though. Lets hope we all get in!

Sarah

5. yeah I think that would be a great idea let us know if you make one! I don't know how to do them or I would do one. We can help each other out then! Well done everyone!
    Hayley
    xxx

6. Hi guys, just wondering did you all apply to Cumbria for the distributed learning PGCE a while ago as soon as GTTR opened? I have only just been told that I didn't get onto my first choice you see, so my application has only just been sent to Cumbria just wondering if anyone else sent theres late on and still got an interview. GTTR still says they have vaccancies at the moment so fingers crossed!
    thanks for any info xx

7. Hi Rachel,
    No I only applied to Cumbria a week before my interview! My friend applied before me yet her interview is not until this wednesday coming. I don't know how they're working out the interviews it all seems a bit up in the air tbh! Good luck though and if you get on see you in in September :)
    Emma x

8. Hi Emma,
    Thanks a lot for your reply! When did your friend apply, quite recently as well or a while ago? I hope they are still interviewing, it's so annoying that my first choice took so long to get back to me. Cumbria seem really good at letting people know quickly.
    Any tips for the interview if i get one? Am i right in thinking this one requires you to right a short essay about independant learning?
    Thanks for your help anyway, hopefully see you in September! xx

9. Hi,
    I hope you are well.
    I have an interview next Wednesday for the PGCE Distributed Learning Programme, will you be kind enough to tell me the questions that were asked in the interview please? and any more helpful tips will be great!! I will be at the Cumbria University.
    Thank you.

10. Hi,
    I hope you are well.
    I have an interview next Wednesday for the PGCE Distributed Learning Programme, will you be kind enough to tell me the questions that were asked in the interview please? and any more helpful tips will be great!! I will be at the Cumbria University.
    Thank you.

11. rapink

rapink New commenter

Has anyone heard anything from the Univ of Cumbria about going in for the day to show them your qualifications, etc?

12. No have you heard anything about the funding yet? I want to apply for all the tution fee loans soon but it's not letting me. I've tried ringing Cumbria to and it just rings out.
    Hayley

13. rapink

rapink New commenter

I've now recieved an email inviting me for an afternoon to complete CRB check, apply for the funding, health check and show my exam certificates. Went to start CRB check and have to pay £52!

14. I have just spent over three hours trying to sort out funding. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I have tried ringing the uni and also student finance. When applying on student finance england the course is not on the list of courses provided by the university. If anyone has any info it would be very much appriciated.
    Rachael

15. Did you have any look with sorting out finance? I am starting the distributed learning PGCE route 4 and I am having difficulties with sorting out finance too.

Lucy

16. <font size="3">Hi all</font>

<font size="3">Sorry I
    have just found this discussion, I have been pretty slack coming on here
    lately, life has just been too hectic!!!</font>

<font size="3">I have
    a place on the lower primary full time course at Lancaster campus (I have friend requested
    some of you who I think are also on the same course). </font>

<font size="3">I hope
    you all have finances sorted after reading some of you having problems. I
    applied for mine with not too many problems and have been given the loans.
    What's a couple more grand debt on top of my other student loans?!?!? Am sure
    it will all be worth it. </font>

<font size="3">I plan
    on commuting from Manchester,
    as I can't afford to move up there even though I know it will be much easier. Planning
    on doing this by train as my poor little car will not be able to handle the
    miles, so if anyone is also doing the same from my end I will be happy to
    car/fuel share. I am not looking forward to the loooooooong days; I am NOT a morning
    person but its only 10 months. You may see me catching some power naps around
    campus. Just cover me in a blanket and wake me up when necessary.</font>

<font size="3">If
    someone sets up a facebook page that would be great please post it on here so
    we can all join.</font>

<font size="3">Well
    done to you all who got a place and good luck to anyone if you are still
    waiting. I&rsquo;m really excited but also very scared at starting the PGCE. Everyone
    I speak to says it&rsquo;s really hard and I haven&rsquo;t used my brain for quite some
    time. I am also leaving a regular wage to become a poor student again.</font>

<font size="3">If
    anyone is reading any good books in preparation please let me know so I can
    start swatting up and get my brain going again.</font>

<font size="3">I have
    posted my certs and forms as was unable to make it to the signing days, am
    hoping everything was OK, so I'm just waiting to hear about the next stage.</font>

<font size="3">Looking
    forward to seeing you all in Sept. </font>

<font size="3">Abi :)
    </font>

<font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font>

17. I spoke to a really helpful lady at the CRB check day (think her name was Lorraine Black from the university fiance department). She said you needed to print out the form and send it to the student finance people as they couldnt recognise the distributed programme on the funding form online. You also need to make sure that you include a covering letter saying that the university have advised that the distributed course is approximately 30 hours of study per week so that the student finance people recognise it is a full time course and assess you based on that.

Hope that helps!

18. It would be really good to have a facebook for PGCE students starting in 2011. Currently, I'm looking for anyone willing to car share. I will be travelling from Manchester. Any offers, then please do get in touch.