1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary PGCE Interview...

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by apwayland, Nov 10, 2017.

1. apwayland

apwayland New commenter

Having successfully managed to get an interview I then received a follow up email saying they "strongly recommend I get some more KS2 experience" before the interview (10 days away!)

I fully understand, spent 75% of my many years in secondary so appreciate the need for further, however, such short notice and a full time job and a family to support I may be struggling to get the opportunity to do any before the interview. Obviously this will go against me but I cant afford the time off, and getting a school to let me observe may be difficult.

I was going to look for a p/t paid role in the new year, if successful and to gain extra experience - without it, its made me anxious ahead of the interview.

Without getting this experience am I unlikely to achieve a place?

2. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

They wouldn't be wasting their time by interviewing you if they didn't want to interview you, so don't worry.

They could always make it a condition of an offer that you spend more time in primary.

ParkerNorf80 and PGCE_tutor like this.