1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary PGCE interview-York St John 2010!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by CaseyPartington, Jan 9, 2010.

1. yep that's what the course leader told me in my individual interview - in theory if everyone who was at the interview day last thursday was good enough, there were enough places for everyone there ( 4th Feb)....whether that means that's how many places were left in total, regardless of the interviews to come.....or whether that's in addition to more places for other interview days I have no idea.

well it's been over a week now and still no news....

2. I know, a week and a day....I am getting tired of waiting now!!!! I don't think I am going to be very good company over the next few days..!!

3. Hi, I've accepted an offer for upper primary at YSJ, and just wanted to meet anyone else who's starting in september. I had my interview on jan 28th and it was almost two weeks before I heard back, so I know how you all feel! I was checking track and my e-mails every hour to see if there was any news!

4. it would be nice to hear today...then I can either celebrate or drown my sorrows this evening!!!

5. Well done on your offer! :) I bet you're really pleased.

6. Did you hear back via email or track first? I keep checking both! :)

7. Thank you, I'm really pleased! I heard back through track first, they send you an e-mail saying that the status of your application has changed etc. I'd checked track at 4pm as I thought that was when it updated, but there was nothing there, then an hour later I got the e-mail! I'd just about given up hope! How did your interview go? Have you applied for upper or lower?

8. I thought my interview went ok, it is hard to tell though isn't it? I had a really enjoyable day though and met some lovely people. I just keep checking all the time! Ha ha. I have applied for lower primary. :) x

9. It's hard to tell...your place is dependent on how well everyone
    else does too... but I agree, the day was fantastic, seems like a very
    good course.
    Congratulations on your upper primary place Anna :)

10. Yes I'd like to find out before the weekend as well! Think I'v already checked track/emails 3 times today!

Congratulations on your place!

11. lol you can almost sense the desperation in this forum...were blatantly all sat here pressing the refresh button on track and TES hoping for a bit of news...or maybe that's just me!!

12. Nope, you're not the only one! Although I am travelling home this afternoon, so I won't be able to carry on with my obsessive behaviour!!

13. Haha I'm not quite that bad, yet. I just found it a better alternative then having to carry on with coursework!

14. Hey everyone!
    I had my interview there on the 14th Jan and heard exactly 8 days later the following Friday at about 1pm (which would be today for you guys!! So good luck) I got a place and can't wait to start in Sept, im doing lower primary though....
    Good luck everyone! Can't wait to meet you all in April at the pre-course day xx

15. Argh...11 days later and still waiting...has anybody from 4th February heard anything?

16. Nope not heard anything yet :( .... I can see us only finding out on Thursday! Wish they would let us know now!

17. nope not heard anything :(

18. Thanks for the congratulations! I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard anything yet, my interview was on the 28th Jan, and I didn't find out until 10th Feb at 5pm! Good luck though, hope it's good news for you all!

19. Well its now 12days....guessing its going to be done at the very last day! This wait is not much fun!

20. I agree...not enjoying it at all!