1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary PGCE interview tomorrow - Any last minute advice?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by MissMc1, Nov 30, 2010.

1. As the title states, I have an interview at St. Mary's tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any pearls of last minute wisdom? [​IMG]

I've practised my presentation, am looking at a resource for questions they might ask in the individual interview and trying to look at issues in education (although this is hard, as the Gov are changing pretty much everything!)

I'm very nervous but excited at the same time lol

Any advice/tips/hints greatly appreciated!

2. As the title states, I have an interview at St. Mary's tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any pearls of last minute wisdom? [​IMG]

I've practised my presentation, am looking at a resource for questions they might ask in the individual interview and trying to look at issues in education (although this is hard, as the Gov are changing pretty much everything!)

I'm very nervous but excited at the same time lol

Any advice/tips/hints greatly appreciated!

3. Last minute advice?
    Relax and enjoy your evening - much like exams (for me at least) the last minute stuff is never that useful!
    Best of luck for tomorrow, sounds like your more than prepared for tomorrow!
    xXx

4. lol55

lol55 New commenter

Hey MissMc1
    I hope your interview went well - have you already had feedback?
    I have one for St Mary's in January, it is for secondary - was yours secondary or primary? Do you have any help or advice. I feel ok for the individual presentation and am slowly building up my resource bank for individual presentation! Am a little confused by the group interview - did you have one?? Also, was wondering what you wore?
    Any help would be appreciated.

5. Hi Lol,

It went ok but not as well as I hoped but I really don't know. No feedback, won't hear anything until late Jan when they get their funding.

It was for primary, not a group 'interview' but a group 'presentation', we had five minutes to demonstrate how we would use a resource to encourage children to learn (or words to that effect!)
    It should say what you have to do in the pack you were sent? If you're unsure, you should email them.

I wore grey trousers, a smart top and a cardigan. The men were in suits.

Good luck, and relax! They want you to do well at the interview and they are all really friendly!

6. lol55

lol55 New commenter

Thanks for your reply and advice.
    My pack told me I have to do a three minute presentation on why my subject is important at KS4, which I have prepared and am learning. But they also mentioned a group discussion - but maybe this is just the time set aside for presentations and questions on them.
    I hope the gov finally deciding on funding and allocation numbers so you find out soon!!
    Good luck :D