1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary PGCE interview tips

Discussion in 'Primary' started by fi_oleary, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,

I have just gotten word that I have an interview for Primary PGCE end of Feb. I currently work with children in a tutor role but am very worried about questions which may arise about what is happening in primary education at the moment especially since the Conservatives took over.

If anyone has any hints, advice and tips it would be GREATLY appreciated as I am feeling very nervous about it.

Thank you so much
    Fi

2. Hi everyone,

I have just gotten word that I have an interview for Primary PGCE end of Feb. I currently work with children in a tutor role but am very worried about questions which may arise about what is happening in primary education at the moment especially since the Conservatives took over.

If anyone has any hints, advice and tips it would be GREATLY appreciated as I am feeling very nervous about it.

Thank you so much
    Fi

3. I read the education White Paper that was published end of nov, it was long but useful for the interview! it mainly details secondary education changes, but they've proposed some ideas for primary too - for example they see the apparent over-rehersal of SATS in year 6 as an issue to be dealt with
    Try not to worry! And good luck!
    http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/schoolswhitepaper/b0068570/the-importance-of-teaching/

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

That's the Big Question. Simple answer- nothing at the moment so everything as before as reagrds NC but Gove has promised a big shake up but apparently not until 2013! Odd bit such as a rueurn to facts rather than teaching methodology filter thro' from time to time try putting into a search engine for latest.