1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary PGCE Interview at Northumbria University

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by carleneuk, Mar 8, 2011.

1. After being forced to defer my interview date for the Primary PGCE course at Northumbria University from January to March 16th I am really beginning to panic in regards to the amount of places remaining on the course.
    Does anyone else have an interview on this day or does anyone know how many places (if any) remain for this course?
    Also if anyone has any tips on how to stand out from the crowd at the interview I'd be very grateful.
    Thanks,
    Carlene

2. After being forced to defer my interview date for the Primary PGCE course at Northumbria University from January to March 16th I am really beginning to panic in regards to the amount of places remaining on the course.
    Does anyone else have an interview on this day or does anyone know how many places (if any) remain for this course?
    Also if anyone has any tips on how to stand out from the crowd at the interview I'd be very grateful.
    Thanks,
    Carlene

3. Hi Carlene,

Do not panic!!!
    a) they wouldn't be interviewing in they didn't have any places left
    b) the allocation of primary PGCE places increased this year, and this was only announced last month, therefore the chances are they have more places left than they would have had in previous years.

4. Hey Carlene,
    I have my Interview on the 16th March for the same course. I am hoping there is still places left i was worried aswell.
    I am worried about the presentation but everyone is saying its really relaxed. Are you travelling far on the day?
    Sarah

5. Thanks very much matthinchley! That has definitely settled my mind slightly. I've just got to get through Wednesday without having palpitations :0p
    Carlene

6. Hi Sarah,
    I wouldn't worry too much about the presentation. It's quite laid back and everyone else has to do it too. The presentation topics are apparently quite basic also.
    I live very local so it's only 15 minutes down the road by car - not bad :) Hopefully you don't have to travel too far.
    I'm just sat swotting, trying to revise maths (aka my downfall)...eek!
    Carlene