1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary PGCE interview at BCU

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by katywt, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,
    I have an interview at BCU for Primary PGCE on 23rd March, has anyone else had an interview with this uni and could offer some advice on how best to prepare for it? Any example questions I should expect?
    The letter said we need to prepare to be able to talk about a current issue in education, is this the same thing that'll we have to write about in the written test too or just for the interview?
    Any help/tips/advice would be much appreciated!! I was unsucessful with my last interview at Uni of Birmingham and really want to get it right this time!!
    thanks, Katy

2. Hi Katy,
    I had my interview in January... It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be to be honest.
    With the current issue you do talk about it in the interview and you should try and talk about it in the written test, hopefully it relates to the extract they give.
    Good luck - let us know how you get on!
    Sarah

3. Hi there :)
    The maths test was pretty simple. You're given "a childs test" and have to mark whether she put the right answers in. If she hasn't then you have to put the right one.
    As for interview questions... Be prepared for anything! A lot of mine were about my degree (which is Arts Management so doesn't relate to primary teaching!) and the voluntary work i've been doing at a school. Draw on your experiences where you can.
    Good luck :)
    Sarah

4. Hi Sarah,
    Thanks so much for replying. If I could just ask you.. what kind of questions where there? Was it more fractions, decimals, probability. Anything would be great.
    Good Luck
    Hope you get a place
    Irem

5. Aww Sarah thanks soo much.. You don't understand how much you've helped me. I'm so nervous. But as you say I'm going to go over the basics and try not to worry too much.
    Hope you get a place hun.
    Thanks for all your help. Wish me luck!!
    Irem [​IMG]

6. Hey Sarah
    I read your abve post and thought you may be able to help me. I have a PGCE interview with BCU in the next week and am very nervous about it as my degree is not related to it. I was wondering if you could give me information on the type of whats they asked you as your degree was alos not related.
    That would be great if you could.
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Kiran

7. Hi, I'm in the same boat... I've got my interview on the 1st March. I am so nervous, I'm more worried about the current contempory issue of my choice? I just can't think what to look at, anyone got any sugguestions?
    Kay

8. Hiya,
    I had my PGCE interview yesterday, the staff was really helpful and supportive. Be confident and do your best. Good Luck :)

9. Hi Kay,
    I know its nearly a year since you posted but i was wondering if i could have some advice.
    I have my interview next week and i only got told about it a week ago so i don't have a lot of time to prepare. I know i have to have a general knowledge test, a group interview which is about current issues (i havent been given any) and a self evaluation before i get to the one to one. Is there any advice you can give me for the general knowledge and the group?
    I am not even sure if the structure will be the same as yours but anything you can give me will be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Kristyl