1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

primary PGCE in SCE schools

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Firo1873, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Can anyone please tell me if they know of a university other than Canterbury where you can do placement for primary PGCE in an SCE school in Germany? I would like to study for primary PGCE via distance learning but as yet all the uni's I've contacted do not consider placement in such schools as they are not in England.

2. Can anyone please tell me if they know of a university other than Canterbury where you can do placement for primary PGCE in an SCE school in Germany? I would like to study for primary PGCE via distance learning but as yet all the uni's I've contacted do not consider placement in such schools as they are not in England.

3. Think it is only Canterbury.

4. Hi, i attended an SCE school and also had an interview or an NQT poition for an SCE school in Germany very soon after i qualified. As far as i am aware it is only Canterbury that allow you to complete a placement there...people do not really understand SCE and realtionships have not been constructed to allow PGCE placements. You will also find it hard to approach the schools in Germany directly as it is all centralised with the MOD in London and they do not have the authority to allow training to take place, just work experience. There are some up and coming closures of SCE primary schools in Germany too so will be fewer available. This is not a very optimistic reply-sorry! I have researched the same area and just know it is very hard to get into.Good luck!