1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary PGCE evidence

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MrsGozz, Jun 12, 2020.

1. MrsGozz

MrsGozz New commenter

Hi All.

I am starting a primary (5-11) PGCE in September with a Catholic SCITT.

I was wondering what evidence you need to supply to get your QTS. Would like to start exploring and organising these targets.

Thanks
    MrsGozz

2. phatsals

phatsals Senior commenter

Without wanting to state the obvious, a PGCE with QTS. That's what the course is for.

3. MrsGozz

MrsGozz New commenter

Sorry yes, maybe I was not clear.... I mean the evidence portfolio you submit to GAIN the qualification.

As in what sort of evidence goes in it, did you supply different folder for each teaching standard... What was in there etc.

I'm fully aware of what course I am on

4. phatsals

That will all be set out for you at the beginning of the course.

5. MrsGozz

MrsGozz New commenter

Yes I am aware, as I stated I would like to start exploring this in preparation, which is why I asked on here

6. phatsals

Your course provider will provide you with the details of what they want for their course. Some will be hard copy and some online. The evidence needed will be the same for all courses, how it is managed may not. You will be given a handbook at the beginning of your course, along with professional guidance of how to proceed.

7. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

There are as many ways to organise your folder as there are training providers.
    You could spend the next three months getting everything perfect only to find it is totally useless as your provider wants something utterly different.

8. Melj16

Melj16 New commenter

Your evidence will be collated throughout your teaching practise. If you haven't started yet I can't imagine you would have evidence. You will need to provide evidence against all of the teaching standards.

Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.....If you havent taught yet, surely you can't evidence that?

In terms of a file. I had three files for each placement. Assessment file, planning file and resources. I didnt have a teaching standards file because all evidence was in the placement files. All evidence was uploaded online for the mentor to check as opposed to an physical file.

Enjoy your last few months before starting. The PGCE is an intense year. Relax while you can. Best of luck.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  9. celago22

celago22 Established commenter

We were given loads of paperwork which formed a chunk of our files. There were weekly meeting sheets, various proformas, checklists, target sheets, reflection sheets. Don't worry about it until you start your course because you will be told how to organise your file. Noone ever looked at my file and I threw it away with delight once I got my PGCE certificate. It was a complete waste of time having it in the first place so don't worry about it.