1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary PGCE at the IoE

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by luv_a_duck, Feb 9, 2012.

1. luv_a_duck

luv_a_duck New commenter

Hello!
    I'm going to be starting a Primary PGCE at the IoE in September and was wondering if any current students or alumni can offer some wise words and handy hints with regards to preparation specific to the university.
    If possible, could you explain how the Key Stages are allocated. Is it first come first served? I'd really like to do Early Years and KS1 but imagine it will be a popular choice.
    Also how do the terms work? I see from this year's timetable that it warns against booking holidays during half terms. Are there any study weeks or odd study days apart from the main holidays at Christmas and Easter?
    Hope someone can advise. I do feel like I'm in a state of limbo at the moment, knowing that I'll be starting later in the year but not really knowing how thinks will work.

2. luv_a_duck

luv_a_duck New commenter

Hello!
    I'm going to be starting a Primary PGCE at the IoE in September and was wondering if any current students or alumni can offer some wise words and handy hints with regards to preparation specific to the university.
    If possible, could you explain how the Key Stages are allocated. Is it first come first served? I'd really like to do Early Years and KS1 but imagine it will be a popular choice.
    Also how do the terms work? I see from this year's timetable that it warns against booking holidays during half terms. Are there any study weeks or odd study days apart from the main holidays at Christmas and Easter?
    Hope someone can advise. I do feel like I'm in a state of limbo at the moment, knowing that I'll be starting later in the year but not really knowing how thinks will work.