1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary PGCE at Southampton University

Discussion in 'Primary' started by davegfuller, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I'm new to this site but need some advice! I've got an interview at Southampton to do a primary PGCE, it says on the letter I need 'to prepare a 5-minute presentation in which you select and use a resource to explore and reflect a current educational issue.' It also says it must not be ICT based. I'm not sure what they mean by preparing a resource..?
    If it helps, I've been working with autistic children and have a big interest in those with special educational needs, and I might do the presentation on something to do with SEN, for example something to do with the long and stressful nature of the statementing process or the debate between segregation and integration into mainstream school of SEN students.
    Thanks for your help!
    Dave

2. Hi,
    I'm new to this site but need some advice! I've got an interview at Southampton to do a primary PGCE, it says on the letter I need 'to prepare a 5-minute presentation in which you select and use a resource to explore and reflect a current educational issue.' It also says it must not be ICT based. I'm not sure what they mean by preparing a resource..?
    If it helps, I've been working with autistic children and have a big interest in those with special educational needs, and I might do the presentation on something to do with SEN, for example something to do with the long and stressful nature of the statementing process or the debate between segregation and integration into mainstream school of SEN students.
    Thanks for your help!
    Dave