1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary PGCE (3-7) interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by derbysue80, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Hi there! I have my interview at Lincoln in two days! (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and am a bit like a rabbit in the headlights! I have my presentaiton ready and am pleased with it, although need to practice. I have help with Maths from the finance team at work (thanks guys!) and have researched some policies. So far I have SEN, Every Child Matters, EAL, the Tickell report, some info on Safeguarding but can anyone please tell me if there is anything else I need to know? It's a weird time I guess, all the goverment policies changing or being axed. So the Department for Education is the old Department for Children, Schools and Families does that mean that every child matters is no longer functioning? But confused as you can see, any help or advice would be great!

thanks!!!

2. OK first things first, relax!! Just remember that they aren't there to test you on everything that you know, they are looking to see your potential.
    I had my interview for Kingston a couple of weeks ago and they are more interested in what skills you feel you have that would make you a good teacher, why they should chose you over others and the experience that you have had and how this has helped you towards your decision to be a teacher.
    They did ask if I knew of any current educational issues but it was just mentioning them rather than giving them all of the information that I know, so don't stress yourself out trying to remember everything.
    They may ask you about what kind of teacher you want to be, how to ensure a good classroom environment and maybe how you would ensure inclusion and deal with bad behaviour. Kingston asked me about how to create a good classroom environment.

Try not to panic yourself, they are very interested in the experience you already have and what you have learnt from that experience, so make sure you relate things back to your experience.

I hope this has helped.

Good Luck
    Laura x