1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary P.E. Coordinator

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by oxfordblue, Oct 18, 2008.

1. oxfordblue

oxfordblue New commenter

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help. I'm new to being a PE coordinator in a small one-form entry primary school, indeed this is my first year coordinating anything.

I need to write a subject action plan for P.E. but have no idea where to start really. I haven't been given that much support from school as the previous coordinator has left.

Would anyone be willing to let me have a look at their action plan for P.E.?

Thank you

2. oxfordblue

oxfordblue New commenter

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help. I'm new to being a PE coordinator in a small one-form entry primary school, indeed this is my first year coordinating anything.

I need to write a subject action plan for P.E. but have no idea where to start really. I haven't been given that much support from school as the previous coordinator has left.

Would anyone be willing to let me have a look at their action plan for P.E.?

Thank you

3. Hiya

Have been PE coordinator in 3form entry primary for about 5 years. Not entirely sure what you require for your action plan but would be happy to try and help. I have to submit my bit for the schools overall plan each year with areas for development & what I intend to focus.

Will happily share any info I can!!

Simon

4. Hi, what I did was an audit of resources and saw what areas needed enhancing, and put this on the action plan, then asked all staff what areas of PE they were least confident in teaching (overwhelmingly dance!) and wrote what I could do to to improve the quality of dance in the school (dance teacher from cluster secondary school worked with all classes and their class teacher, improvement of resources for dance). If the school policy for physical activity needs updating put that on the action plan as well. Also do you have any club links - could develop/extend these.

5. Also put down on the action plan that you wish to attend PE subject leader course -