1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary or Nurse ?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by lproco01, Dec 3, 2015.

1. lproco01

lproco01 New commenter

Dear TheoGriff,

My name is Laura, I am 21, french, and I live in Ireland since the 14th of March.
    I should leave Ireland on the beguining of January and I am reflecting on applying for a job in England.
    Indeed I would like to become either a French teacher in an English country or a primary teacher in a French country. the thing is that I really want to improve my english and I want to work with children.
    I am thinking about applying for a job of teaching assistant in a school, or learning support in another structure.
    My experience is limited to provide learning support to my little cousins and the accompagnying of adults in an english island.
    I would like to live in the south of England and start as soon as possible.

Could you please help me to accomplish my wish ?

Looking for hearing from you,
    Laura

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Laura, you would need excellent levels of English to have a job as a teacher. Or indeed as a Teaching Assistant or Learning Support worker. You cannot take on the job in order to improve your English.

You would also need training and qualifications.

Do you have the agrégation? Or are you qualified as a Professeur des écoles or a Professeur certifié?

If you do, you might have a chance if your level of English improved.

Good luck!

3. lproco01

lproco01 New commenter

Dear TheoGriff,

I have got a degree in English and here, in Ireland, I am a C 1.2 student according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
    I know that I am not ready for being a teacher because I need qualifications but for my master I must make a choice and I can't as long as I don't know how it works in that structure. Concerning the improvement of my English I was thinking about it as learning from people in a daily discussion.

How can I get some training there?