1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary Numeracy Planning

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sdrum, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Hi I am Numeracy Co-ordinator at a Primary School. Myself and my colleagues at a school are finding that the Unit Blocks (B1 etc....) are very bitty (for want of a better word). They seem to jump from one topic to another. Those of us who have been there for a long while loved the old unit plans. They were easy to use and annotate. Do people think it is a really bad idea to move back to these documents for our planning. As a compromise I could ask them to add links to some of the more up to date publications such as pitch and expectations etc...

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

We more or less use the NC and plan our lessons to cover whatever we wish from there in whatever order. The framework is not statutory and so you can use it or not as you like. I wouldn't say the unit plans were perfect, though I did quite like them in year 5/6.

https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/learning/west_sussex_grid_for_learning/curriculum/mathematics/primary_mathematics/assessment/progression_through_sublevels.aspx

has the link to the document we use.