1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary National Framework

Discussion in 'Primary' started by clare.goodall, Jul 31, 2011.

1. What is happening to it??
    Are we suposed to be using it or not?
    Just wondered what it happening and why?
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

2. What is happening to it??
    Are we suposed to be using it or not?
    Just wondered what it happening and why?
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

3. The framework was never compulsory so it is up to you/your school whether to use it or not.
    Just continue planning from the national curriculum, which has always been statutory.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

It is being sidelined because we have a new government and they want to make changes.

Use it if you wish and not if you don't, that bit hasn't changed.

5. Absolutely right - you don't have to use the Framework at all, but you don't have to get rid of it either! My preferred option is to go back to using the 'old Framework', supplementing it with some useful pieces from the new. I wouldn't really fancy producing long and medium term plans to match the National Curriculum...isn't that what the Framework does anyway? Has your HT or subject leader not given you any guidance?

6. New job! :))
    But having just finished NQT I am not sure I even have a copy of old literacy framework.
    Is there anywhere I can get a look at one (online)
    Thanks

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Just look at the national curriculum and enjoy the freedom!

I have a copy of the old framework for KS1/2 maths and literacy and KS3 numeracy. They look lovely in their dark blue folders and I've very, very kindly left them in my cupboard for the new NQT who is coming in to my old room. I fully expect her to dump them in a bin and free the space for something useful, but I couldn't throw them away myself.

8. sorry - I have seen the maths file online, but not the literacy (think you can order it from Amazon!). Maybe there is an old copy lurking in your new school somewhere. :)