1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary Levels

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by rwd11, Jun 1, 2011.

1. After a recent interview I have realised that I need to brush up on the levels that children in primary school should be working at during the different years. I've had a pretty thorough search of the primary framework and discovered nothing of use. Does anyone have a link to some info on this topic?

2. After a recent interview I have realised that I need to brush up on the levels that children in primary school should be working at during the different years. I've had a pretty thorough search of the primary framework and discovered nothing of use. Does anyone have a link to some info on this topic?

3. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

The "average" child ( and if anyone spots an average child, could they let me know!) should be a 2b at the end of year 2 and a 4b at the end of year 6. So progress should in theory be one whole level over 2 years or one and a half sublevel per year.This would be seen as "satisfactory progress" But, as we know, satisfactory is not good enough so most schools aim for 2 sublevels each year and some even more!