1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary GTP

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Han7, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Hi,
    HELP!
    I have a GTP interview with a training provider next week. I need some advice on the interview questions that they are likely to ask and also an idea for the written topic..."a current educational issue of your choice"
    Can anyone help. I just dont know where to start!
    Thank you :)

2. Hi,
    HELP!
    I have a GTP interview with a training provider next week. I need some advice on the interview questions that they are likely to ask and also an idea for the written topic..."a current educational issue of your choice"
    Can anyone help. I just dont know where to start!
    Thank you :)

3. You will be pleased to know that the TDA have a number of online resources to help you prepare and perfect your interview technique.
    The interview format can vary between both initial teacher training (ITT) provider and subject, however the we look to cover all possibilities with information, advice and resources. The following page of our website will provide you with a great starting point as it offers a brief overview of how to prepare, what to say and most importantly, what to expect:
    www.tda.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/apply-for-teacher-training/help-with-your-interview
    From this page you can access the interactive interview, which is specifically designed to give you an insight into the type of questions you are likely to be asked during your interview:
    www.tda.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/apply-for-teacher-training/help-with-your-interview/interactive-interview
    Additionally, useful hints and tips can be found here:
    www.tda.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/apply-for-teacher-training/help-with-your-interview/interactive-interview-hints-and-tips
    With regards to advice on your written topic ‘a current educational issue of your choice', your focus will need to be determined by independent research, your understanding of modern teaching practices and perhaps issues or concerns you have witnessed first hand while gaining experience in the classroom.
    As a first port of call you may like to visit the Department for Education website, which offers extensive and detailed information about the education system and the teaching profession:
    www.education.gov.uk
    You could also reference educational publications such as ‘the Guardian' on Tuesdays and ‘the Independent' on Thursdays. Both of which also offer information online via the following websites:
    www.guardian.co.uk/education
    www.independent.co.uk/news/education
    We hope that you have found this information helpful and wish you the very best of luck in your GTP interview.