1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary GTP with West London Partnership this Sept

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by CliveWallis, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Hello all
    I've finally had confirmation that funding is approved for my GTP place! I'm doing primary with West London Partnership, starting this coming September.
    Has anyone else out there got a place for primary with either WLP or Babcock 4S? I thought it might be useful to pool our resources and share experiences ahead of September.
    Clive

2. Congratulations. I have an interview next week! Was starting to think i'd missed the boat, so fingers crossed. Any advice would be gratefully received!
    Sarah

3. Hello Clive

I was told that the TDA hadn't announced funding info for September as yet?
    As far as I was aware, providers know their place allocation but dont know how much funding each place will have.
    Is that right?

Jem

4. Hi Jem
    I think the providers know their allocations now. I've had both my PGCE place at Kingston and the GTP place with WLP confirmed in the last month. Perhaps they are just more organised than other providers? I'd chase yours up pronto!
    Clive

5. Clive

I have been offered a place from my provider but no one knows how much the salary grant will be for this year. That obviously has an impact on the amount a school need to contribute.
    Congrats on getting a place x

6. Hi Clive and Jem,

Congratulations to you both! I've got a place on GTP at WLP for Primary starting in September too! This is the first time my school has done the GTP so do either of you know anyone who has been through the programme before? I've been working as a HLTA for 7 years so being able to train on the job and earn is a huge bonus but I'm a bit concerned about how much support we are given and if you get enough theory. I've also got a place on the PGCE course at St Mary's and noticed Clive that you got in at Kingston. How did you decide which route to go down-was it purely financial?

7. Hi Clive
    Hello all
    I've finally had confirmation that funding is approved for my GTP place! I'm doing primary with West London Partnership, starting this coming September.
    Has anyone else out there got a place for primary with either WLP or Babcock 4S? I thought it might be useful to pool our resources and share experiences ahead of September.
    Clive
    [/quote]
    I got my place confirmed by WLP last week to start in Sept-(scary stuff eh?[​IMG])

8. I noticed that on the WLP site, they are taking applications for September again until next week, but only for the waiting list. Apparently they have had an extra allocation of funds!

9. The school I have a place in has had loads of gtps, so I have been really lucky that I have been able to ask lots of questions about it! Most have loved it, although the workload sounds horrendous!!

10. Hello wrigglyl,
    Congrats to you too. It seems we have alot in common...I too have a place on GTP at WLP for Primary starting this Sept and have been working as a HLTA for 4 years. I have to admit I'm starting to feel extremely nervous. I just recieved the reading list from WLP yesterday and realised how real all this is. Luckily, I have two children 12 and 9 so there are plenty of children's books to hand.
    Our school has supported and gone onto employ many GTPers at the end of their training. Hard work yes, but as long as you have a supportive school and Mentor, you will be fine.
    My biggest fear is letting the school and more importantly the children down, they all seem to have soo much faith in me. The last time I had to write an assignment was for my HLTA and that was more like a detailed diary entry!
    Do you know what class you will be working in?
    See you on the 20th.[​IMG]